We often hear our clients asking a number of questions about Smart Home Technology. From our experience working with architects is that they get asked the same questions, we have come with the following resource, ” 5 Things an Architect needs to know when your client asks about Smart Home Technology”.
1. Wiring Infrastructure – this is the most important piece of advice you can give your client. Make sure to Future Proof your home and ensure that the correct cabling is in place at the start to enable installation of Smart Home Technologies now and in the future.
2. Is Wireless Technology an Option and can I achieve the same thing? Yes, Wireless Technology is an option for certain clients and projects, however we advise that if a client is doing a new build or renovation then putting in the wiring infrastructure when you can is a better plan, as this leaves the client with more choice going forward. With newer building infrastructures leaving newer homes heavily insulated, this in turn can cause issues for wireless technologies and signals between various areas in the home.
3. How safe is Smart Home Technology? Anything connected to the internet is at risk. That is where we come in. We ensure that all their technology is connected and integrated in a safe manner ensuring your clients are protected.
4. Your client will need to talk to an expert – While Smart Home and Home Automation solutions are easy to use, the actual systems are complex and depending on your clients requirements involve linking various devices all through a network. Digitel will work closely with the Client, Architect, Building Contractor and Electrician from the start, to ascertain what technology they want to be able to control through their home. We will start with detailed wiring plans right through to the end product, a slick smart home system.
5. Budget, Budget, Budget – We have various products to suit different budgets, however it is important that everyone is on the same page from the start with realistic options being put together to suit the clients budget.
If you would like further information please call 353 872250599 or drop us a line here.